GM is qualified as receiver and administrator on the commercial court [Bankruptcy Court], admitted in bar and has a license to practice capital market transactions in Indonesia, In addition the founding partners of GM is also listed as a member of Indonesian – German Chamber of Commerce (Ekonid); Indonesia Australia Business Council .
The M&A Practice is multidisciplinary. The practice addresses all kinds of M&A deals from private sales of shares and assets to takeovers, joint ventures, take private deals, and distressed M&A. Lawyers in the practice work closely with colleagues in tax, environmental, competition, pensions, employment, real estate, and intellectual property.
Examples of previous transactions include:
- Bank Artha Graha (previously Bank Artha Pusara) – Advising the Investment on the Acquisitions on Asset of Bank Artha Graha including conducting the settlement of the previous indebtedness.
- HH Utama– Advising H H.Utama on the US$ 15.500.000.00 (USD Fifteen million sale of its mining company to local Company).
- Ridlatama Tambang Mineral-Advising one of the Share holder of Ridlatama Tambang Mineral on the Sale its share in this company to the foreign investor in amount of US$.35.000.000,-
Lawyers in the Antitrust & Competition Law Practice advise on all types of competition and antitrust matters, including mergers and acquisitions, criminal and civil investigations by government agencies, antitrust litigation, antitrust/intellectual property issues, and the full range of counseling matters (including distribution, fix pricing and owner estimation, trade associations, licensing, and standard-setting).
Examples of recent representations include:
- Indonesia Export Import Association [IEI]– Acting on Behalf IEI in relation to the Office of Fair Trading multilateral interchange fee investigation. The principal aim of this legal mediation is to create regulatory clarity and certainty.
- Indonesian Forwarders and Shipping Association [GAFEKSI] – Advising Gafeksi on the issues related to the release of goods in Lini 2 (Container Freight Station) service of Tanjung Priuk Sea Port
Lawyers in the Business Restructuring & Reorganisation Practice advise, creditors and debtors on insolvencies. The practice also acts for leading insolvency practitioners and turnaround professionals on administrations, receiverships, liquidations, business hive downs, work out and out of court restructuring.
GM lawyers advise lenders and debtors on all matters relating to their facilities and security issues, including the negotiation of standstill agreements and refinancing plans. The practice has a market-leading reputation in advising funds and other investors on the acquisition of distressed businesses and assets and their general and specific investment strategies as well as in the area of asset-based lending.
The practice includes litigation lawyers dedicated to the area who advise clients on contentious issues arising out of the restructuring and insolvencies.
Examples of recent transactions include:
- Tirta Mas Majutama– Acting on behalf of PT.Tirtamas Majutama as holding business of PT. Semen Cibinong on the Reorganization in related to the Bankruptcy filed by Bank Papan Sejahtera.
- Indonesian Bank Restructuring Agency (IBRA)– Acting for IBRA on the bankruptcy suit of the PT.Sharp Yasonta parts business of Yasonta Teladan Spinning and Yasonta Kabin.
Lawyers in the Capital Markets Practice advise the issuer in providing the documents either for primary and secondary transactions. The practice acts both for companies and private seeking to raise financing and for the investor and other advisers arranging such financing. Examples of recent transactions include:
- Supreme Cable Manufacturing Corporation (PT.Sucaco.Tbk)– Advising PT.Sucaco Tbk one of the leading cable manufacture, on the company’s right issue and corporate restructuring.
- Association of Indonesian Securities Companies [APEI]– Advising APEI on transaction and admission to the margin trading transaction particularly on the implementation of Bank Indonesia regulation on non regular trading such as, Block trading, crossing and odd lot.
In addition to our general advisory services GM are proud to add that GM have a close relationship with, and specifically have represented, several government Agencies, Provincial Government and State Owned Enterprises. Our project with above mentioned institution including Institutionalizing Regulatory Reform in Indonesia with Bappenas and BPHN, Advising Local Government on the issues Barriers to investment in Land Use and Building Construction Permitting
Examples of recent project include:
- National Development Agency [Bappenas]– Advising Bappenas in connection with institutionalizing Regulatory Reform in Indonesia particularly the implementation of the Regulatory Impact Assessment (RIA). The Regulatory review method consist of a careful analysis of the economic and effects of proposed regulations
- Local Government Jakarta, Tangerang Bekasi and Cimahi.[Pemda Tangerang Bekasi dan Cimahi]– Advising local government in connection with the issues Barriers to investment in Land Use and Building Construction Permitting.
- Directorate General Sea and Transportation [DGST]-Cooperation with David Wignall and Associates advising DGST on the issue the development of Port Authorities in connection with the provision, regulation, pricing and supervision of access to basic port infrastructure with regard to the new shipping law.
GM partners had also worked with various foreign national institution including, Unites States Agency for International Development (USAID), German Technical Cooperation-Deutsche Gesselschaft fuer Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ) and The Asia Foundation (TAF).